5. How does this situation represent inequalities?
6. How does this situation relate to slope (rate of change)?
7. Write and graph an inequality representing the drive to Belton.
8. Write and graph an inequality representing the drive to Temple.
9. Where would the car eventually run out of gas?
Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems.
represent mathematical and real-world problems involving ratios and rates using scale factors, tables, graphs, and proportions
Credits: US News