Learning Goal: Build procedural fluency with linear functions and understand the differences between linear, quadratic, and exponential functions.
- Common Core
- HSF.IF.C.7 – Graph functions expressed symbolically and show key features of the graph, by hand in simple cases and using technology for more complicated cases.
- HSF.BF.A.1 – Write a function that describes a relationship between two quantities.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.2(B) – write linear equations in two variables in various forms, including y = mx + b, Ax + By = C, and y – y1 = m(x – x1), given one point and the slope and given two points
- A.2(C) – write linear equations in two variables given a table of values, a graph, and a verbal description
- A.3(C) – graph linear functions on the coordinate plane and identify key features, including x-intercept, y-intercept, zeros, and slope, in mathematical and real-world problems