Learning Goal: Develop and practice procedural fluency for solving equations with a variable on both sides.
- Estimation – Killeen, Texas
- Warm Up
- Unpack upcoming Concept Quiz
- Algebra by Example
- Common Core
- 8.EE.C.7 – Solve linear equations in one variable.
- 8.EE.C.7.B – Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.5(A) – solve linear equations in one variable, including those for which the application of the distributive property is necessary and for which variables are included on both sides