Learning Goal: Build procedural fluency with calculating slope.
Personal Review Guide:
- The purpose of this handout is for students to have a go-to place to work on any necessary concepts to prepare for our state exam.
- Slope Level Challenges
- Students work on computers as if it is a Personalized Growth Day
- Desmos Picture Challenge (Oliver Hewitt)
- Handout to see lines better
- Common Core
- HSF.IF.B.6 – Calculate and interpret the average rate of change of a function (presented symbolically or as a table) over a specified interval. Estimate the rate of change from a graph.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.3(A) – determine the slope of a line given a table of values, a graph, two points on the line, and an equation written in various forms, including y = mx + b, Ax + By = C, and y – y1 = m(x – x1)
- A.3(B) – calculate the rate of change of a linear function represented tabularly, graphically, or algebraically in context of mathematical and real-world problems