1. How many pretzels are in the box?
2. Write down a guess.
3. What information would be useful to figure this out?
4. Write down some questions you have in your head right now.
5. What would happen if 21 pretzels were in each pack?
6. What would happen if the box contained 75 snack packs?
7. Can you think of a way to multiply 17 and 60 in an easier way?
Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit whole number, and multiply two two-digit numbers, using strategies based on place value and the properties of operations. Illustrate and explain the calculation by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or area models.
use strategies and algorithms, including the standard algorithm, to multiply up to a four-digit number by a one-digit number and to multiply a two-digit number by a two-digit number. Strategies may include mental math, partial products, and the commutative, associative, and distributive properties