Learning Goal: Build procedural fluency with writing and graphing exponential functions.
- Students work on computers as if it were a Personalized Growth Day
- Desmos Challenge
- Handout to see lines better
- Common Core
- HSF.LE.A.2 – Construct linear and exponential functions, including arithmetic and geometric sequences, given a graph, a description of a relationship, or two input-output pairs (include reading these from a table).
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.9(C) – write exponential functions in the form f(x) = abx (where b is a rational number) to describe problems arising from mathematical and real-world situations, including growth and decay
- A.9(D) – graph exponential functions that model growth and decay and identify key features, including y-intercept and asymptote, in mathematical and real-world problems