Learning Goal: Assess conceptual and procedural fluency for graphing and writing linear functions in slope-intercept form.
- The slope-intercept form quiz will count toward the 2nd nine weeks in the gradebook
- Common Core
- HSF.BF.A.1 – Write a function that describes a relationship between two quantities.
- HSF.IF.B.6 – Calculate and interpret the average rate of change of a function (presented symbolically or as a table) over a specified interval. Estimate the rate of change from a graph.
- HSF.IF.C.7 – Graph functions expressed symbolically and show key features of the graph, by hand in simple cases and using technology for more complicated cases.
- HSF.IF.C.7.A – Graph linear and quadratic functions and show intercepts, maxima, and minima.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.2(C) – write linear equations in two variables given a table of values, a graph, and a verbal description
- A.3(A) – determine the slope of a line given a table of values, a graph, two points on the line, and an equation written in various forms, including y = mx + b, Ax + By = C, and y – y1 = m(x – x1)
- A.3(B) – calculate the rate of change of a linear function represented tabularly, graphically, or algebraically in context of mathematical and real-world problems
- A.3(C) – graph linear functions on the coordinate plane and identify key features, including x-intercept, y-intercept, zeros, and slope, in mathematical and real-world problems