Learning Goal: Assess conceptual and procedural fluency for transformations.
- Concept Quiz
- 90 & 100 level questions taken from Big Ideas
- Retake: Solving Quadratics
- Some problems taken from New Visions
- Common Core
- HSF.BF.B.3 – Identify the effect on the graph of replacing f(x) by f(x) + k, k f(x), f(kx), and f(x + k) for specific values of k (both positive and negative); find the value of k given the graphs. Experiment with cases and illustrate an explanation of the effects on the graph using technology. Include recognizing even and odd functions from their graphs and algebraic expressions for them.
- A.3(E) – determine the effects on the graph of the parent function f(x) = x when f(x) is replaced by af(x), f(x) + d, f(x – c), f(bx) for specific values of a, b, c, and d
- A.7(C) – determine the effects on the graph of the parent function
f(x) = x² when f(x) is replaced by af(x), f(x) + d, f(x – c), f(bx) for specific values o f a, b, c, and d