Learning Goal: Understand (using technology) how to calculate the correlation coefficient of a linear fit.
Celebrity Age Guessing:
- Common Core
- HSS.ID.B.6 – Represent data on two quantitative variables on a scatter plot, and describe how the variables are related.
- HSS.ID.B.6.C – Fit a linear function for a scatter plot that suggests a linear association.
- HSS.ID.C.8 – Compute (using technology) and interpret the correlation coefficient of a linear fit.
- HSS.ID.C.9 – Distinguish between correlation and causation.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.4(A) – calculate, using technology, the correlation coefficient between two quantitative variables and interpret this quantity as a measure of the strength of the linear association
- A.4(B) – compare and contrast association and causation in real-world problems
- A.4(C) – write, with and without technology, linear functions that provide a reasonable fit to data to estimate solutions and make predictions for real-world problems
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: