Learning Goal: Build procedural fluency with solving systems of equations and linear inequalities.
- Common Core
- HSA.REI.C.6 – Solve systems of linear equations exactly and approximately (e.g., with graphs), focusing on pairs of linear equations in two variables.
- HSA.REI.D.12 – Graph the solutions to a linear inequality in two variables as a half-plane (excluding the boundary in the case of a strict inequality), and graph the solution set to a system of linear inequalities in two variables as the intersection of the corresponding half-planes.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.2(H) – write linear inequalities in two variables given a table of values, a graph, and a verbal description
- A.2(I) – write systems of two linear equations given a table of values, a graph, and a verbal description
- A.3(F) – graph systems of two linear equations in two variables on the coordinate plane and determine the solutions if they exist