Learning Goal: Stay fresh with linear inequalities and develop procedural fluency with properties of exponents.
- Chromebook Handout
- Students do this one individually
- Desmos Activity
- Students work in partners or groups for this activity
- Properties of Exponents Challenges (Andy Schwen)
- Common Core
- HSA.REI.D.12 – Graph the solutions to a linear inequality in two variables as a half-plane (excluding the boundary in the case of a strict inequality), and graph the solution set to a system of linear inequalities in two variables as the intersection of the corresponding half-planes.
- 8.EE.A.1 – Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions. For example, 32 × 3-5 = 3-3 = 1/33 = 1/27.
- A.2(H) – write linear inequalities in two variables given a table of values, a graph, and a verbal description
- A.3(D) – graph the solution set of linear inequalities in two variables on the coordinate plane
- A.11(B) – simplify numeric and algebraic expressions using the laws of exponents, including integral and rational exponents