Learning Goal: Develop procedural fluency with graphing quadratics and multiplying binomials.
- Common Core
- HSF.IF.C.7.A – Graph linear and quadratic functions and show intercepts, maxima, and minima.
- HSA.APR.D.7 – Understand that polynomials form a system analogous to the integers, namely, they are closed under the operations of addition, subtraction, and multiplication; add, subtract, and multiply polynomials.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.6(A) – determine the domain and range of quadratic functions and represent the domain and range using inequalities
- A.7(A) – graph quadratic functions on the coordinate plane and use the graph to identify key attributes, if possible, including x-intercept, y-intercept, zeros, maximum value, minimum values, vertex, and the equation of the axis of symmetry
- A.10(B) – multiply polynomials of degree one and degree two
- A.10(D) – rewrite polynomial expressions of degree one and degree two in equivalent forms using the distributive property