Learning Goal: Stay fresh with solving equations and develop procedural fluency with properties of exponents.
- Estimation 180 – Day 63 (Andrew Stadel)
- Warm Up
- Solving Equations Re-Engage
- Credit Algebra by Example for several problems
- Common Core
- 8.EE.C.7.B – Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
- 8.EE.A.1 – Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions. For example, 32 × 3-5 = 3-3 = 1/33 = 1/27.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.5(A) – solve linear equations in one variable, including those for which the application of the distributive property is necessary and for which variables are included on both sides
- A.11(B) – simplify numeric and algebraic expressions using the laws of exponents, including integral and rational exponents