Learning Goal: Develop procedural fluency with multiplying polynomials.
- Estimation 180 – Day 29 (Andrew Stadel)
- Warm Up
- Back page taken from and inspired by New Visions
- Exploration & Reflection (New Visions)
- Common Core
- HSA.APR.D.7 – Understand that polynomials form a system analogous to the integers, namely, they are closed under the operations of addition, subtraction, and multiplication; add, subtract, and multiply polynomials.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.10(B) – multiply polynomials of degree one and degree two
- A.10(D) – rewrite polynomial expressions of degree one and degree two in equivalent forms using the distributive property
- A.10(F) – decide if a binomial can be written as the difference of two squares and, if possible, use the structure of a difference of two squares to rewrite the binomial