Learning Goal: Develop understanding of how rotations work by engaging prior experience with perpendicular lines.
- Estimation – 90 Degrees
- Warm Up
- Go over Concept Quiz
- Students complete analysis handout in order to prepare for retake. See retake policy and learning folders post for more details.
- Desmos Activity for Warm Up & Notes
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.A.2 – Represent transformations in the plane using, e.g., transparencies and geometry software; describe transformations as functions that take points in the plane as inputs and give other points as outputs. Compare transformations that preserve distance and angle to those that do not (e.g., translation versus horizontal stretch).
- HSG.CO.A.3 – Given a rectangle, parallelogram, trapezoid, or regular polygon, describe the rotations and reflections that carry it onto itself.
- HSG.CO.A.5 – Given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, or translation, draw the transformed figure using, e.g., graph paper, tracing paper, or geometry software. Specify a sequence of transformations that will carry a given figure onto another.
- G.3(A) – describe and perform transformations of figures in a plane using coordinate notation