Learning Goal: Continue to build procedural fluency with transformations while providing an opportunity for group collaboration.
- Card Matching materials taken from New Visions and MARS
- Warm Up and Card Matching on paper
- Desmos Activity for spiraling
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.A.2 – Represent transformations in the plane using, e.g., transparencies and geometry software; describe transformations as functions that take points in the plane as inputs and give other points as outputs. Compare transformations that preserve distance and angle to those that do not (e.g., translation versus horizontal stretch).
- HSG.CO.A.3 – Given a rectangle, parallelogram, trapezoid, or regular polygon, describe the rotations and reflections that carry it onto itself.
- HSG.CO.A.5 – Given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, or translation, draw the transformed figure using, e.g., graph paper, tracing paper, or geometry software. Specify a sequence of transformations that will carry a given figure onto another.
- G.3(A) – describe and perform transformations of figures in a plane using coordinate notation
- G.3(B) – determine the image or pre-image of a given two-dimensional figure under a composition of rigid transformations, a composition of non-rigid transformations, and a composition of both, including dilations where the center can be any point in the plane
- G.3(C) – identify the sequence of transformations that will carry a given pre-image onto an image on and off the coordinate plane