Learning Goal: Develop understanding of why dilations work as well as procedural fluency.
- Estimation – Dilation 1
- Warm Up (Illustrative Mathematics)
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Spiraling
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.A.2 – Represent transformations in the plane using, e.g., transparencies and geometry software; describe transformations as functions that take points in the plane as inputs and give other points as outputs. Compare transformations that preserve distance and angle to those that do not (e.g., translation versus horizontal stretch).
- G.3(B) – determine the image or pre-image of a given two-dimensional figure under a composition of rigid transformations, a composition of non-rigid transformations, and a composition of both, including dilations where the center can be any point in the plane
- G.3(C) – identify the sequence of transformations that will carry a given pre-image onto an image on and off the coordinate plane