Learning Goal: Use examples and non-examples to define and explore properties of inscribed angles and apply understanding to solve problems.
- Estimation – Largest Minor Arc
- Inspired by Dan Meyer
- Warm Up
- Use this slide for inscribed angles definition
- Geometry Lab 1.8 (Henri Picciotto)
- Common Core
- HSG.C.A.2 – Identify and describe relationships among inscribed angles, radii, and chords. Include the relationship between central, inscribed, and circumscribed angles; inscribed angles on a diameter are right angles; the radius of a circle is perpendicular to the tangent where the radius intersects the circle.
- G.12(A) – apply theorems about circles, including relationships among angles, radii, chords, tangents, and secants, to solve non-contextual problems