Learning Goal: Compare the methods we’ve learned so far and continue to build procedural fluency.
- Many items taken from New Visions
- Estimation 180 – Day 181 (Andrew Stadel)
- Warm Up
- Practice with Partner A Partner B format
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Spiraling
- Common Core
HSA.REI.B.4.B – Solve quadratic equations by inspection (e.g., for x² = 49), taking square roots, completing the square, the quadratic formula and factoring, as appropriate to the initial form of the equation. Recognize when the quadratic formula gives complex solutions and write them as a ± bi for real numbers a and b.
- A.8(A) – solve quadratic equations having real solutions by factoring, taking square roots, completing the square, and applying the quadratic formula