Use this resource a lot. Keep this in mind when designing.
- Work through all of Illustrative Mathematics, New Visions, Big Ideas and Springboard curricula before starting
- Make IM 3 Act tasks for Algebra 2
- Two Truths and a Lie (Rational Equations) (Desmos)
- Desmos Conics Bundle
- Desmos Lessons
- New Visions
- Pivot Algebra 2
- Marbleslides Challenges (Sean Sweeney)
- PBL Curriculum Maps (Geoff Krall)
- Illustrative Mathematics
- New Visions / Contemplate then Calculate
- Jon Orr Spiraling
- SBG Skills List (Math = Love)
- Creating Headaches (Dan Meyer)
- Parabola Slalom (Desmos)
- The $6400 Question (Dan Meyer)
- Systems 3 Variables consideration
- Domain and Range Whiteboard Activity (Sam Shah)
- Maybe make Desmos activity like he suggests at the bottom
- Part I of Machines (Sam Shah)
- Part II of Machines (Sam Shah)
2 thoughts on “Algebra 2”
I love your curriculum progressions for Algebra 1 and Geometry. I stumbled upon this page. Is it under construction, or is this a deliberate journey into your brain? I feel like I totally understand how you piece things together, but wow! This process takes so much work! If this page does become developed like the others, please let me know. (Or I will probably just check back, anyways.)
Thank you for the infinite inspiration,
Haha thank you so much for the kind words, Vito! I really appreciate it and am glad the curriculum has been a hit for you.
This page is just a spot that I dump any resources I find online. At one point, I was hopeful that I’d teach Algebra 2, so this was a place to store things before diving into the curriculum work.
Unfortunately, it’s not likely I’ll end up teaching this class, so it’ll probably stay as is.
Thanks again for the encouragement! Feel free to send questions or feedback for improvement any time!