Learning Goal: Develop conceptual and procedural fluency with solving quadratics by factoring.
- Estimation 180 – Day 33 (Andrew Stadel)
- Warm Up
- Google Form Treasure Hunt
- Spiraling Practice
- Problems on 2nd page taken from New Visions
- Common Core
HSA.APR.B.3 – Identify zeros of polynomials when suitable factorizations are available, and use the zeros to construct a rough graph of the function defined by the polynomial. HSA.SSE.B.3.A – Factor a quadratic expression to reveal the zeros of the function it defines.
- A.7(B) – describe the relationship between the linear factors of quadratic expressions and the zeros of their associated quadratic functions
- A.8(A) – solve quadratic equations having real solutions by factoring, taking square roots, completing the square, and applying the quadratic formula
- A.10(E) – factor, if possible, trinomials with real factors in the form ax² + bx + c, including perfect square trinomials of degree two