Learning Goal: Introduce one variable inequalities on the number line and build conceptual understanding.
- Inequalities on the Number Line (Desmos)
- Go over Concept Quiz
- Students complete analysis handout in order to prepare for retake. See retake policy and learning folders post for more details.
- Common Core
- HSA.CED.A.1 – Create equations and inequalities in one variable and use them to solve problems. Include equations arising from linear and quadratic functions, and simple rational and exponential functions.
- HSA.REI.B.3 – Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
- TEKS (2015-16)
- A.5(B) – solve linear inequalities in one variable, including those for which the application of the distributive property is necessary and for which variables are included on both sides