Learning Goal: Develop conceptual understanding and procedural fluency with solving quadratics by completing the square.
- Estimation 180 – Day 184 (Andrew Stadel)
- Warm Up
- Visuals taken from David Wees
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Spiraling
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Common Core
HSA.REI.B.4.B – Solve quadratic equations by inspection (e.g., for x² = 49), taking square roots, completing the square, the quadratic formula and factoring, as appropriate to the initial form of the equation. Recognize when the quadratic formula gives complex solutions and write them as a ± bi for real numbers a and b.
- A.8(A) – solve quadratic equations having real solutions by factoring, taking square roots, completing the square, and applying the quadratic formula