1. Will the baby be a boy or girl?
2. Write down a guess.
3. What information would be useful to figure this out?
4. Write down some questions you have in your head right now.
5. Write an inequality to describe the conditions needed for a girl.
6. Write an inequality to describe the conditions needed for a boy.
7. What would happen if the baby had a heartbeat of exactly 140 beats per minute?
Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems, e.g., by reasoning about tables of equivalent ratios, tape diagrams, double number line diagrams, or equations.
convert units within a measurement system, including the use of proportions and unit rates