1. Which circle will fill up first?
2. Write down a guess.
3. What information would be useful to figure this out?
4. Write down some questions you have in your head right now.
Note: The animation software animates the circles using a rate of pixels/time instead of square pixels / time.
5. What would happen if the blue circle was 5% larger?
6. What would happen if the yellow circle was 5% smaller?
Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
Know the formulas for the area and circumference of a circle and use them to solve problems; give an informal derivation of the relationship between the circumference and area of a circle.
solve problems involving ratios, rates, and percents, including multi-step problems involving percent increase and percent decrease, and financial literacy problems
solve mathematical and real-world problems involving similar shape and scale drawings