Learning Goal: Recognize positive and negative behaviors in groupwork and practice those behaviors during a group task.
- Read this post for a detailed breakdown of the first day of school.
- 100 Numbers… (Sara Vanderwerf)
- Taco Cart (Dan Meyer)
- Use big whiteboards and have each group member write with different colors
- Write pre-scripted questions for audience members to ask during presentations
- Early finishers can join your Google Classroom
- From there, they can complete this activity
- Or you can go through these slides with the entire class
3 thoughts on “Laying the Foundation for Groupwork”
Love your website thanks!!! The other day I found some helpful sheets “Making Connections; Taco Cart” and “Pythagorean Theorem.” Looks like some things have been cut from the curriculum….anyway to retrieve the edited items?
Thank you for the kind words, Rebecca! I have been making some changes. Here is the link to the Connection Handout, and here is the link to the Pythagorean Theorem handout.
You are the best…thanks!