Learning Goal: Explore what it means for angles to be congruent and introduce angle labeling.
- Estimation – 220 Rotation
- Warm Up / Card Matching (taken from New Visions)
- Pick a Point (Dan Meyer)
- Identifying Angles Handout
- Spiraling Practice
- Warm Up / Card Matching with paper
- Pear Deck for the rest
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.D.12 – Make formal geometric constructions with a variety of tools and methods (compass and straightedge, string, reflective devices, paper folding, dynamic geometric software, etc.). Copying a segment; copying an angle; bisecting a segment; bisecting an angle; constructing perpendicular lines, including the perpendicular bisector of a line segment; and constructing a line parallel to a given line through a point not on the line.
- G.5(B) – construct congruent segments, congruent angles, a segment bisector, an angle bisector, perpendicular lines, the perpendicular bisector of a line segment, and a line parallel to a given line through a point not on a line using a compass and a straightedge