Learning Goal: Build understanding of what angle pairs are and begin to solve application problems.
- Estimation – 135 Rotation
- Warm Up
- Includes Find the Angle #1 (New Visions)
- Construction Challenge (Lisa Bejarano)
- Pear Deck
- Spiraling Practice on paper
- Common Core
- 4.MD.C.7 – Recognize angle measure as additive. When an angle is decomposed into non-overlapping parts, the angle measure of the whole is the sum of the angle measures of the parts. Solve addition and subtraction problems to find unknown angles on a diagram in real world and mathematical problems, e.g., by using an equation with a symbol for the unknown angle measure.
- G.6(A) – verify theorems about angles formed by the intersection of lines and line segments, including vertical angles, and angles formed by parallel lines cut by a transversal and prove equidistance between the endpoints of a segment and points on its perpendicular bisector and apply these relationships to solve problems