Learning Goal: Develop understanding and fluency with triangle congruence proofs.
- Estimation – 2 Rectangles
- Warm Up
- Inspired by New Visions
- Is there enough information?
- Spiraling Practice
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.B.8 – Explain how the criteria for triangle congruence (ASA, SAS, and SSS) follow from the definition of congruence in terms of rigid motions.
- HSG.SRT.B.5 – Use congruence and similarity criteria for triangles to solve problems and to prove relationships in geometric figures.
- G.6(B) – prove two triangles are congruent by applying the Side-Angle-Side, Angle-Side-Angle, Side-Side-Side, Angle-Angle-Side, and Hypotenuse-Leg congruence conditions