Learning Goal: Develop understanding of when to use the Pythagorean Theorem, Trigonometry, or Special Right Triangle properties to solve problems.
- Estimation – Triangle Dot
- Warm Up
- Taken from New Visions
- Maybe partner a partner b? Also need to include geometric mean examples.
- Pile-Up taken from Great Maths Teaching Ideas
- Spiraling Practice
- Common Core
- HSG.SRT.C.8 – Use trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem to solve right triangles in applied problems.
- G.9(A) – determine the lengths of sides and measures of angles in a right triangle by applying the trigonometric ratios sine, cosine, and tangent to solve problems
- G.9(B) – apply the relationships in special right triangles 30°-60°-90° and 45°-45°-90° and the Pythagorean theorem, including Pythagorean triples, to solve problems