Learning Goal: Introduce volume with a 3 Act task and develop understanding of how to calculate the volume of prisms and cylinders.
3 Act Math
- Problems to be placed in unit or spiraling
- Problems on 2nd page taken from New Visions
- Spiraling Practice
- use this problem somewhere
- Common Core
- HSG.GMD.A.3 – Use volume formulas for cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres to solve problems.
- G.11(D) – apply the formulas for the volume of three-dimensional figures, including prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, spheres, and composite figures, to solve problems using appropriate units of measure