Learning Goal: Apply what we’ve learned so far to a 3 Act task, and then build understanding of how to calculate the volume of spheres.
3 Act Math
- Water Tank Filling (Dan Meyer)
- Use big whiteboards and have each group member write with different colors
- Write pre-scripted questions for audience members to ask during presentations
- Notes / Ungraded Formative Assessment
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Spiraling Practice
- One problem taken from Open Middle
- Common Core
- HSG.GMD.A.3 – Use volume formulas for cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres to solve problems.
- G.11(D) – apply the formulas for the volume of three-dimensional figures, including prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, spheres, and composite figures, to solve problems using appropriate units of measure