Learning Goal: Apply understanding of volume to a 3 Act task, and continue to build understanding of volume and surface area.
- Common Core
- HSG.GMD.A.3 – Use volume formulas for cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres to solve problems.
- 7.G.B.6 – Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, volume and surface area of two- and three-dimensional objects composed of triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, cubes, and right prisms.
- G.10(A) – identify the shapes of two-dimensional cross-sections of prisms, pyramids, cylinders, cones, and spheres and identify three-dimensional objects generated by rotations of two-dimensional shapes
- G.11(C) – apply the formulas for the total and lateral surface area of three dimensional figures, including prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, spheres,
and composite figures, to solve problems using appropriate units of measure
- G.11(D) – apply the formulas for the volume of three-dimensional figures, including prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, spheres, and composite figures, to solve problems using appropriate units of measure