Learning Goal: Build procedural fluency with calculating the slope of a table, graph, and two coordinates.
- Estimation – Bondi Beach
- Warm Up
- Practice using the Partner A/Partner B format
- Ungraded Formative Assessment
- Common Core
- HSF.IF.B.6 – Calculate and interpret the average rate of change of a function (presented symbolically or as a table) over a specified interval. Estimate the rate of change from a graph.
- 8.F.B.4 – Construct a function to model a linear relationship between two quantities. Determine the rate of change and initial value of the function from a description of a relationship or from two (x, y) values, including reading these from a table or from a graph. Interpret the rate of change and initial value of a linear function in terms of the situation it models, and in terms of its graph or a table of values.
- A.3(A) – determine the slope of a line given a table of values, a graph, two points on the line, and an equation written in various forms, including y = mx + b, Ax + By = C, and y – y1 = m(x – x1)
- A.3(B) – calculate the rate of change of a linear function represented tabularly, graphically, or algebraically in context of mathematical and real-world problems