Learning Goal: Provide more opportunities to practice and build procedural fluency with calculating the distance and midpoint between 2 points.
- Pear Deck
- More Practice is completed on paper
- Display treasure hunt on the board at the end of class
- Common Core
- HSG.GPE.B.6 – Find the point on a directed line segment between two given points that partitions the segment in a given ratio.
- HSG.GPE.B.7 – Use coordinates to compute perimeters of polygons and areas of triangles and rectangles, e.g., using the distance formula.
- G.2(A) – determine the coordinates of a point that is a given fractional distance less than one from one end of a line segment to the other in one- and two-dimensional coordinate systems, including finding the midpoint
- G.2(B) – derive and use the distance, slope, and midpoint formulas to verify geometric relationships, including congruence of segments and parallelism or perpendicularity of pairs of lines