Learning Goal: Build conceptual and procedural fluency with partitioning segments and calculating midpoints.
- Estimation – Midpoint
- Warm Up
- Unpack upcoming Concept Quiz
- Ratios Re-Engage
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Midpoint Shapes
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Pear Deck
- Do Ungraded Formative Assessment on paper
- Common Core
- HSG.GPE.B.6 – Find the point on a directed line segment between two given points that partitions the segment in a given ratio.
- G.2(A) – determine the coordinates of a point that is a given fractional distance less than one from one end of a line segment to the other in one- and two-dimensional coordinate systems, including finding the midpoint
- G.2(B) – derive and use the distance, slope, and midpoint formulas to verify geometric relationships, including congruence of segments and parallelism or perpendicularity of pairs of lines