Learning Goal: Build conceptual and procedural fluency with partitioning segments and calculating midpoints.
- Estimation – Midpoint
- Warm Up
- Unpack upcoming Concept Quiz
- Ratios Re-Engage
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Midpoint Shapes
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Pear Deck
- Do Ungraded Formative Assessment on paper
- Common Core
- HSG.GPE.B.6 – Find the point on a directed line segment between two given points that partitions the segment in a given ratio.
- G.2(A) – determine the coordinates of a point that is a given fractional distance less than one from one end of a line segment to the other in one- and two-dimensional coordinate systems, including finding the midpoint
- G.2(B) – derive and use the distance, slope, and midpoint formulas to verify geometric relationships, including congruence of segments and parallelism or perpendicularity of pairs of lines
2 thoughts on “Partitions/Midpoint Formula”
I just wanted to say thank you for all the content you’ve posted here. I have been using your materials to guide my geometry classroom this year and I love it. I have learned a lot from you and my students are thinking more this year than any year I have taught geometry prior! I appreciate your work.
Wow thank you for the kind words, Alyssa! I really appreciate it! I’m very happy to hear that the site has been useful and your students are doing well. That’s great news!
Feel free to reach out with questions or feedback any time.