Learning Goal: Develop understanding of what it means for polygons to be similar and solve application problems.
- Estimation – Dilation 3
- Warm Up
- Taken from New Visions
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Spiraling
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Common Core
- HSG.SRT.A – Understand similarity in terms of similarity transformations
- HSG.SRT.B.5 – Use congruence and similarity criteria for triangles to solve problems and to prove relationships in geometric figures.
- G.7(A) – apply the definition of similarity in terms of a dilation to identify similar figures and their proportional sides and the congruent corresponding angles
- G.7(B) – apply the Angle-Angle criterion to verify similar triangles and apply the proportionality of the corresponding sides to solve problems