Learning Goal: Further develop understanding of how AA criterion relate to similarity and build proficiency with finding corresponding sides.
- Most of the materials for this lesson are from “Identifying Similar Triangles” created by MARS
- Estimation – Square Fill
- Warm Up
- Unpack upcoming Concept Quiz
- Common Core
- HSG.SRT.A – Understand similarity in terms of similarity transformations
- HSG.SRT.B.4 – Prove theorems about triangles. Theorems include: a line parallel to one side of a triangle divides the other two proportionally, and conversely; the Pythagorean Theorem proved using triangle similarity.
- HSG.SRT.B.5 – Use congruence and similarity criteria for triangles to solve problems and to prove relationships in geometric figures.
- G.7(A) – apply the definition of similarity in terms of a dilation to identify similar figures and their proportional sides and the congruent corresponding angles
- G.7(B) – apply the Angle-Angle criterion to verify similar triangles and apply the proportionality of the corresponding sides to solve problems
- G.8(A) – prove theorems about similar triangles, including the Triangle Proportionality theorem, and apply these theorems to solve problems