Learning Goal: Apply understanding of arc lengths to an inquiry-based task and practice more with calculating arc lengths and converting angles to radians.
- Warm Up
- Unpack upcoming Concept Quiz
- Virginia Museum [3 Act Math]
- Use big whiteboards and have each group member write with different colors
- Write pre-scripted questions for audience members to ask during presentations
- Ungraded Formative Assessment / Spiraling
- Click here to see how to use this assessment
- Common Core
- HSG.C.B.5 – Derive using similarity the fact that the length of the arc intercepted by an angle is proportional to the radius, and define the radian measure of the angle as the constant of proportionality; derive the formula for the area of a sector.