Learning Goal: Develop understanding of how to calculate the area of regular polygons.
- Problems to be placed in unit or spiraling
- Estimation – NY State Court
- Warm Up
- Google Slides to assist with notes
- Common Core
- 6.G.A.1 – Find the area of right triangles, other triangles, special quadrilaterals, and polygons by composing into rectangles or decomposing into triangles and other shapes; apply these techniques in the context of solving real-world and mathematical problems.
- G.11(A) – apply the formula for the area of regular polygons to solve problems using appropriate units of measure