Learning Goal: Apply understanding of volume of cylinders and prisms with a 3 Act task and application problems.
3 Act Math
- Popcorn Picker (Dan Meyer)
- Use big whiteboards and have each group member write with different colors
- Write pre-scripted questions for audience members to ask during presentations
- Common Core
- HSG.GMD.A.3 – Use volume formulas for cylinders, pyramids, cones, and spheres to solve problems.
- G.11(D) – apply the formulas for the volume of three-dimensional figures, including prisms, pyramids, cones, cylinders, spheres, and composite figures, to solve problems using appropriate units of measure