Learning Goal: Build procedural fluency with determining equations of parallel and perpendicular lines.
- Estimation – Fjellstua Viewpoint
- Desmos Activity
- Unpack upcoming Concept Quiz
- Spiraling Practice
- GoFormative for spiraling
- Common Core
- HSG.GPE.B.5 – Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems (e.g., find the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point).
- G.2(B) – derive and use the distance, slope, and midpoint formulas to verify geometric relationships, including congruence of segments and parallelism or perpendicularity of pairs of lines
- G.2(C) – determine an equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point