Learning Goals: Create a purpose for solving inequalities, understand that a solution is the value that makes a function true, and connect student strategies to formal inequalities.
3 Act Math
- Nail Polish
- Lesson Implementation Guide
- Use big whiteboards and have each group member write with different colors
- Write pre-scripted questions for audience members to ask during presentations
- Connection Handout
- Analysis problems taken from Algebra by Example
- Common Core
- HSA.CED.A.1 – Create equations and inequalities in one variable and use them to solve problems. Include equations arising from linear and quadratic functions, and simple rational and exponential functions.
- HSA.REI.B.3 – Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.
- A.5(B) – solve linear inequalities in one variable, including those for which the application of the distributive property is necessary and for which variables are included on both sides