Learning Goal: Continue to build on student understanding of proof and spiral other concepts from the year so far.
- Estimation 180 – Day 114 (Andrew Stadel)
- Bucket of Lies (Nora Oswald)
- Desmos Activity
- Spiraling Practice
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.C.9 – Prove theorems about lines and angles. Theorems include: vertical angles are congruent; when a transversal crosses parallel lines, alternate interior angles are congruent and corresponding angles are congruent; points on a perpendicular bisector of a line segment are exactly those equidistant from the segment’s endpoints.
- G.4(B) – identify and determine the validity of the converse, inverse, and contrapositive of a conditional statement and recognize the connection between a biconditional statement and a true conditional statement with a true converse
- G.4(C) – verify that a conjecture is false using a counterexample
- G.6(A) – verify theorems about angles formed by the intersection of lines and line segments, including vertical angles, and angles formed by parallel lines cut by a transversal and prove equidistance between the endpoints of a segment and points on its perpendicular bisector and apply these relationships to solve problems