Learning Goal: Assess conceptual and procedural fluency for parallel lines & transversals, and reassess angle pairs.
- Concept Quiz (will be posted after the kids take it)
- Optional Challenge (will be posted after the kids take it)
- Common Core
- 7.G.B.5 – Use facts about supplementary, complementary, vertical, and adjacent angles in a multi-step problem to write and solve simple equations for an unknown angle in a figure.
- 8.G.A.5 – Use informal arguments to establish facts about the angle sum and exterior angle of triangles, about the angles created when parallel lines are cut by a transversal, and the angle-angle criterion for similarity of triangles.
- G.6(A) – verify theorems about angles formed by the intersection of lines and line segments, including vertical angles, and angles formed by parallel lines cut by a transversal and prove equidistance between the endpoints of a segment and points on its perpendicular bisector and apply these relationships to solve problems