Learning Goal: Build understanding of what makes lines parallel or perpendicular.
- Problems to be placed in unit or spiraling
- check Algebra 1 handouts to maybe use here
- Warm Up
- Grid Geometry Perpendiculars (Don Steward)
- Minute to Win It – Stack Attack
- Common Core
- HSG.GPE.B.5 – Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems (e.g., find the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point).
- G.2(B) – derive and use the distance, slope, and midpoint formulas to verify geometric relationships, including congruence of segments and parallelism or perpendicularity of pairs of lines