Learning Goal: Assess conceptual and procedural fluency for translations and reflections.
- Common Core
- 8.G.A.5 – Use informal arguments to establish facts about the angle sum and exterior angle of triangles, about the angles created when parallel lines are cut by a transversal, and the angle-angle criterion for similarity of triangles.
- HSG.CO.A.5 – Given a geometric figure and a rotation, reflection, or translation, draw the transformed figure using, e.g., graph paper, tracing paper, or geometry software. Specify a sequence of transformations that will carry a given figure onto another.
- HSG.GPE.B.5 – Prove the slope criteria for parallel and perpendicular lines and use them to solve geometric problems (e.g., find the equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point).
- G.2(C) – determine an equation of a line parallel or perpendicular to a given line that passes through a given point
- G.3(A) – describe and perform transformations of figures in a plane using coordinate notation
- G.6(A) – verify theorems about angles formed by the intersection of lines and line segments, including vertical angles, and angles formed by parallel lines cut by a transversal and prove equidistance between the endpoints of a segment and points on its perpendicular bisector and apply these relationships to solve problems