Learning Goal: Develop understanding of the features of isosceles triangles and corresponding sides and angles in triangles.
- Estimation – Oresund Bridge
- Angle Puzzles (Michael Fenton)
- Combine this Desmos activity with the paper warm up questions.
- On paper warm up, convert it into the Desmos activity and let kids create an isosceles triangle with Geometry tool
- Warm Up
- Isosceles Triangles
- Spiraling Practice
- Common Core
- HSG.CO.C.10 – Prove theorems about triangles. Theorems include: measures of interior angles of a triangle sum to 180°; base angles of isosceles triangles are congruent; the segment joining midpoints of two sides of a triangle is parallel to the third side and half the length; the medians of a triangle meet at a point.
- G.6(D) – verify theorems about the relationships in triangles, including proof of the Pythagorean Theorem, the sum of interior angles, base angles of isosceles triangles, midsegments, and medians, and apply these relationships to solve problems